Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sole Sago Mine survivor returns home

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sole Sago Mine survivor returns home

    MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - Sago Mine survivor Randal McCloy Jr., looking thin and stiff but walking on his own, offered his gratitude as he was released from a hospital Thursday after almost three months.

    "I'd just like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers, and I think that's it,"? McCloy said softly, wearing a ball cap and a racing-team jacket at a morning news conference.

    His wife, Anna, who stayed with him throughout his recovery, added her own thanks. "Today is another part of our miracle,"? she said
    full article here
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12073411/
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sole Sago Mine survivor returns home

    awesome! god sure did work a wonder on this guy!

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Sole Sago Mine survivor returns home

    It's got it's own thread. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Randy goes home

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sole Sago Mine survivor returns home

    the topic Randy Goes Home doesn't tell me anything.
    I saw that and thought Randy Moss was at something again.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Sole Sago Mine survivor returns home

    No one pays much attention to me anyway, [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm glad to see the guy get out. Answering questions about the last hours for the rest will tough. If the seals in the mine had been properly built, they probably all would be alive. Another cost saver. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sole Sago Mine survivor returns home

    cost savings [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] that is so tragic.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Sole Sago Mine survivor returns home

    Ah, maybe with energy costs up a little we can do a little better for ourselves. I wish that story(the other guys at Sago) had turned out different. The seals used to had be cut into the coal ribs 18" , if this had been done it might have stopped the explosion. These seals may not have been built this way. Also , the block before had to be solid concrete block, these may have been made from "Omega block" an expanded material. Great for weight and filling space, not too good for standing force. Without any backing one would be afraid to say much about these concerns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •